Meet Deena Bradford, LPN, Salerno Health Med-Line Nurse
As an LPN for a long term healthcare facility for more than a decade (two years working as the Assistant Director of Nursing), Deena was searching for a change. Although she felt confidant in her role helping patients with chronic illness, the long term facility often became their final resting place. She was looking for an opportunity to help patients, “work on the wellness aspect” of their lives. She spent so many years helping people manage their chronic conditions, she forgot what it was like to help people, “get healthy and go home healthy.”
Then she found Salerno Health.
She now works with new and established patients every day, assisting with medical questions, assessing their needs and when appropriate, helping them find a doctor within the Salerno Health network for further treatment.
Recently, we asked Deena to give her opinion on the current healthcare system and what makes Salerno Health different.
1. What do you think is broken about the current health care system? There are too many obstacles! People want to be able to see a physician without having to jump through hoops. They want to be able to call, make an appointment and be seen without the worry of high deductibles and pre-authorizations.
2. What first interested you in Salerno Health? I wanted to be part of the solution. I love being able to help provide direct, affordable health care to people in need.
3. What do you feel is the number one reason businesses and families should look at Salerno Health as a direct medical care choice? The savings, of course. Then I would say the access. Most of us lead very busy lives and are constantly on the go. Salerno is simple to use and very accessible. Many minor health issues can be resolved by a simple phone call from an established member. This saves both time and money.
4. What has the response been from businesses and individuals who have signed up for the Salerno Health network? People are very pleased with what Salerno has to offer. They are also amazed how easy it is. There are no hidden fees. Members know exactly what is covered under their benefit.
5. It must be tough to get people to “think differently.” How can we get people to realize we don’t have to go with the “status quo?” That we deserve better? I believe the key is education. We need to get the word out. People are accustomed to doing things the way they always have, the insurance way. They do not realize there is an easier, more affordable way.
Salerno Health – Delivering healthcare the way it should be.
Deena Bradford, LPN, Bio:
Deena is an Oklahoma native. After graduating from the Gordon Cooper Technology Center in Shawnee, her LPN degree, Deena became the Assistant Director of Nursing at a long term care facility where she treated patients for 11 years. She joined the Salerno Health team in May 2012. Deena lives in Oklahoma with her husband and 3 children. An avid fan of exercise, Deena recently raced her first 5K in May and her second in July.